I feel like October has just whizzed by me. Granted the travel at the end of last month and then my trip to Texas a week or so ago didn’t help things but I really just feel as though I’ve missed my favorite part of the year; entering into fall.
October for me is for what many people equate Christmas to – the start of wonderful things. Here is my list of my favorite things about October. (In no particular order because I love all the things)
- The smell of the woodburner when we use it for the first time.
- Hoodies and layers. Even when it’s cold, I love to toss on more layers. And hoodies. Warm clothing awesomeness.
- Pumpkin spice coffee.
- Starbucks Salted Caramel mocha. Although I’m learning to do this at home. (Sorry Starbucks).
- Hot Chocolate with mounds of marshmallows.
- Baking. I tend to stay away from baking in the summer because it’s just too hot and I don’t like to be hot.
- The changing colors of the leaves; I adore seeing the tops of the trees across from my house – when the leaves turn just so – it looks like the sky is on fire. I am always in awe of the fiery treetops when I see it for the first time.
- Crisp cold mornings. I need to spend more time on my back porch on those mornings just taking it all in.
- The sound of crunching leaves beneath my feet.
- Blankets. Ask my husband how many totes of blankets we have. Snuggling under layers of blankets. This is my bliss.
- When frost meets the morning sun and my backyard looks like a combination of a Tiffany’s window display and a glitter explosion all at the same time. I adore the sparkly things.
- Breaking out my large knitting projects. The throw blankets that are unfinished are mindless knitting and just feed my obsession of layers (and subsequently) layers of blankets.
- The rush of cold that fills your lungs and your eyes when you step outside. It’s shocks and refreshes my system.
- Pumpkins. More specifically pumpkin pie. It’s my favorite.
- Custard pie. It’s my second favorite.
How anyone could not be fond of October and all the things it brings is beyond me. I’ve tried loving the other months and seasons as much as fall and October but they just seem to go together so perfectly; like peanut butter and chocolate or snowmen and top hats.
Do you have a favorite thing about October or fall? I’d love to know!
Leave a Reply